Event is FINISHED
Mountains of my mind - Chua Ek Kay’s Street Scenes [23rd Jan | Singapore Art Week]
Please note that the session for this date (Saturday 23rd Jan) starts at Singapore Management University Lee Kong Chian School of Business. You'd get to view SMU's private collection of Chua Ek Kay paintings that is usually not open to public.
To celebrate the Singapore Art Week 2016, ArchiWalks is hosting art appreciation sessions highlighting the Bugis street scenes painted by renowned local artist Chua Ek Kay.
"Old buildings are my favourite, After spotting a specific site, I would try getting a feel for the ambience by frequenting the area."
--- Chua Ek Kay
Winner of the 1991 UOB Painting of the Year and 1999 Cultural Medallion
- 60 minutes guided, beginner-friendly art appreciation session
Discover the stories behind Chua Ek Kay's truly Singaporean Chinese ink paintings.
Learn about his early life, teachers, style and subjects, key works
and then go in-depth into three Bugis street scenes.
- 30 minutes exploration of the Bugis neighbourhood
around North Bridge Road where Chua Ek Kay studied in his youth
and often the subject of his paintings later on.
Explore the scenes seen by this famous artist.
For each ticket, you’d get:
- Gourmet coffee (latte / cappuccino / mocha) made from Liberty Coffee beans
- OR pot of 1872 Clipper tea
- OR Lemmy Lemonade / Gingerella Ginger Ale
- AND snack / slice of cake (F&B worth $14)
- AND Chua Ek Kay postcard from the National Gallery Singapore (worth $2)
Price also covers the booking fee ($1.50) and materials/printing cost ($0.50).
Meet new friends and see Chinese art in a new light:
- Friendly group introduction
- Casual setting
- Small group size guaranteed
- Essentially a free session (you're paying for the F&B and postcard / reading marterials to bring home)
All our past ArchiWalks have been completely sold out, so please book early. See you soon!
This event is also timed to coincide with the Chua Ek Kay retrospective being exhibited at the National Gallery Singapore themed "After the Rain." Don't miss the chance to catch that too!
Add to Calendar
Sat Jan 23, 2016
3:00 PM - 5:50 PM SGT
3:00 PM - 5:50 PM SGT
- SMU Lee Kong Chian School of Business
$16.50 incl. coffee, cake, postcard
plus $1.50 booking fee
SOLD OUT $18.00
- Venue Address
- 50 Stamford Road, Singapore Management University, 178899 Singapore
Want to find more groups and events like this?